Tuesday, August 21, 2012

If heaven wasn't so far away...

Photobucket
my dad and grampie
I suppose if heaven wasn't so far away this would all be easier...but we all know the truth.  I'll always long for one more happy hour, one more hug, one more conversation, one more card, one more memory...but it won't happen.  Yesterday I lost my Grampie...one of my biggest cheerleaders, Ohio State's biggest fan, and one of the most wonderful people god ever lent to this earth.  I know he's up there looking down on us all with great love...I hope he's found my poppa and maybe they've shared a memory and a laugh.  I don't suppose collecting angels was what I expected to be doing this summer but I'm thankful that the pain has ended and the suffering is over...no one should have to spend their last days like that.  My Grampie was 91 years old when he left this earth and he without doubt did so much for this place the 91 years he spent here.  A purple heart veteran of WWII, an honest business man with customer service as his priority, and most importantly a loving father, grandfather, and great grandfather....you simply could not ask for more.

"Those we love don't go away, they walk beside us every day.  Unseen, unheard, but always near, still loved, still missed, and very dear."

Photobucket
3 generations of boys - my grampie, brother, and dad
Photobucket
my grampie and grammie having fun with the kids;)
Photobucket
my grammie and grampie

11 comments:

Samantha said...

Oh, sweetie I am SO sorry for your loss. There is never the RIGHT thing to say at times like these. But, I know what you are going through, and if you need anything let me know. My thoughts and prayers are with you through this very difficult time.

I know all of our Grandfathers are up there watching over us. hugs to you.

Natalie said...

I'm so sorry girl...but I'm glad you had such a wonderful man as your grandfather.

Michelle said...

So sorry for the loss of uour Grampie. He sounds like an amazing man. I'll be praying for you and your family!

Megan said...

Sorry to hear this news! This hasn't been an easy summer, has it? Thinking of you all.

Amber said...

I am so sorry! Losing someone is never, ever easy. Especially a grandparent. I'm sorry you lost him, but I'm happy that you were able to have such a wonderful relationship with him. Y'all are in my thoughts and prayers.

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

Saying goodbye is never easy. Thinking of you and your family.

Kat said...

im so sorry for your loss :(

Happiness Is... said...

OH man - rough few weeks, huh? I am SO very sorry for your loss. Both of them.

Melissa at Tall Blonde Blog said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of your grampie. Sounds like he was an amazing man. Hang in there. You and your family will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs.

Amy of While Wearing Heels said...

What an incredibly beautiful tribute to your grandfather. You brought tears to my eyes. I never had the pleasure of meeting your grampie BUT you brought him to life for your readers, you gave us all a sense of appreciation for the great loss the world and your family has experienced. May you find solace and comfort in the many wonderful memories you created with him.

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Oh girl.. I am so sorry y'all are going through this. Maybe he'll find my Grandma up there and she'll cook him a good meal :)